Wednesday, January 04, 2017

«GOOD BUSINESS IS THE BEST ART»


Market observers have not been slow to note the similarities between Trump’s approach to business and that of Andy Warhol, who set up his studio production and promotional publishing machine in ways that correspond to Trump’s real estate and self-promotion machinery.


Artnet noted explicit similarities between Trump’s business philosophy outlined in The Art of the Deal and Warhol’s The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: “Making money is art, and working is art and good business is the best art,” Warhol said succinctly.
Trump meanwhile offered this: “I don’t do it for the money. I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll even need. Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That’s how I get my kicks.”


-The Guardian
 January 1 2017

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter