Saturday, June 04, 2011

YOUTH WITHOUT COCKINESS IS NO YOUTH AT ALL

« These fucking beautiful boys drive me crazy. This guy in the subway sitting with his legs wide open in front of him-on purpose. Glancing at me and just enjoying being looked at. This guy in the cafeteria. Gorgeous. I just stand there and say «gorgeous» to myself over and over again. I find a reason to use the phone so I can stand there near him a little longer, just a little longer -pretty-pretty-pretty boys. And I just look and I know it's just as bad because I only look and I have an incredible imagination. I can have these boys, any of them, all of them, tonight alone in my little room in the dark-just my imagination-dark eyes, dark hair and gorgeous bodies, penetrating gaze....This energy, sexual energy , maybe the single, strongest impulse I feel-more than art? (!)

Keith Haring Journals
March 18 1980

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter