Friday, July 16, 2010

MARY WORONOV

66, actress, writer, painter
* Years at the Factory: 1964 to 1966
* Claim to 15 minutes of fame: She was in eight of Warhol’s films, including “Chelsea Girls,” and often had roles as the masculine counterpart to drag queens.
* How they met: “I did the screen test, and Warhol liked me. My fierce demeanor and gender flipping fascinated Warhol. I was very strong, young, gorgeous and acted like Nero. I was also so full of amphetamines.”
* Where’s Mary now? The former Brooklynite now lives in LA and is starring in a documentary about herself based on her book, “Confessions of a Cult Queen.” “The people who stayed there [at the Factory] had a hard life. That was just two years of my life.”
* On Andy: “He set up a very freeing energy. He let me do what I want. He never said ‘Do this.’ He would say, ‘I don’t know.’ ”

-New York Post
June 26 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter