Wednesday, July 14, 2010

«IN THE FUTURE EVERYONE WILL BE FAMOUS FOR 15 MINUTES»

It's too bad Warhol isn't around today. I'd like to read his updates on Twitter or Facebook. I bet we'd see quirky videos, like the one of him eating a hamburger. But that said, I think his quote about 15 minutes is dated and needs to be revised. Celebrity is taking on a whole new dimension in the Internet era. Blogs, posts and status updates allow our thoughts to hang out in cyberspace forever. I'm not sure we're capped at 15 minutes anymore. It's more about how often we get re-tweeted. So with this in mind, I humbly offer the following update to Warhol's classic: In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 140 characters.

-Norb Vonnegut
Huffington Post
July 14 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter