Saturday, April 05, 2014

THE SECRET OF THE ART MARKET REVEALED!



He was the last of the speakers at the TEFAF art market symposium last week, a diminutive young man with a heavy French accent who wasted no time introducing himself with flourish. “We have analyzed millions of data,” he announced, “and we have discovered the secret of the art market.”
Seated towards the front of the audience, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, dropping my pen into my lap. This was not going to be worth taking notes about, I thought. The guy’s a pompous idiot.
The speaker, however, not noticing me, continued, eager to announce his extraordinary findings.
“Prices,” he said, “go up.
“And down.”
The audience laughed. They also knew that he was right.

-Forbes
March 26 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter