Monday, August 12, 2013

MADONNA ON HOW SHE MET WARHOL AND HARING

«At the time I was hanging around with a lot of graffiti artists, Futura 2000, Keith Haring and Jean -Michel Basquiat. Jean-Michel introduced me to Andy Warhol. I remember we were all at a japanese restaurant on Second Avenue and Seventh Street, where Keith had done a bunch of drawings on the walls, and Jean-Michel was telling me how jealous he was of me being on the radio. Because he thought that I had a more accessible  form of art, and more people would be exposed to it. Andy told him to stop complaining....I was introduced to Keith by a roommate, but I had already seen his work on the streets, subways and buildings. Then we started hanging out at Dancetaria, and Mudd Club and Roxy. The Rock Steady Crew was there.We'd dance, we'd watch break-dancing crews there and on the streets»

-Madonna
 Rolling Stones magazine
 October 29 2009 p.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter