Friday, April 26, 2013

«EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL»

Haring initially contacted Castelbajac looking for one of the designer’s teddy bear coats to give toMadonna for her birthday, and after that they regularly met in Paris. “He was the one who taught me how to make chalk drawings in the street,” said Castelbajac, pulling a piece of white chalk from his pants pocket. (Later that evening, he would use it to draw a portrait of Haring on a wall with the title “French Keith.”) Castelbajac, who featured art by Haring in his fall 2002 collection, said he owns what he believes to be the artist’s last work, a sketch for the invitation to his fall 1990 fashion show. “I had asked him to draw the invitation, and he said he wasn’t sure if he would have the time. I was in Tokyo, and on the flight back, I saw that Keith had died. When I got to my office [in Paris], there was a tube package from New York, and inside it was the invitation,” he recalled.


-WWD
  April 23 2013

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter