Tuesday, September 13, 2011

KEITH HARING ON JULIAN SCHNABEL

«Julian Schnabel is not a genius. He's probably not even a great painter. I'm sure that he's interesting today in a limited capacity and he's very interesting for collectors and dealers, but in the long run, his contribution is slight...His own conviction of his «importance» makes him even more difficult to digest. His obnoxious insistence on his importance disgusts me to the point of nausea. If he again attemps to make one of his self-referential speeches at Andy's memorial on Wednesday, I promise I will do my best to end his speech as quickly as possible. Andy hated his speeches and would never have wanted him to speak at his memorial.

Keith Haring
Journals p.121

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter