Monday, August 15, 2011

«I JUST READ EVERYTHING»

-«Listen, I don't want to be unfair to my homosexual friends, because I have a couple who are friends, whom I like very much, as they are pleasant people, they're intelligent people. But there is a form of fanatism in them, of dogmatism, of exhibitionism, Of Mafia sense, all what I despise. I mean, why should I reject it in political parties and accept it in the homosexual party?

-How are homosexuals a party ? Or a Mafia as you put it?

Fallaci: Listen, I should say this in Italian. When I'm tired my english becomes lousy. This sense of comradeship which exists among, for instances, certain sporting people, or certain followers of an ideology, like the Communists. The Communists among themselves, whatever language they speak, they feel brothers. It's the sense of the parties, the strenght of, the real sense of the party. The homosexuals are the same. But theirs goes beyond the comradeship. It's kind of mafia, and when they get together, for instance, in the artistic field, they are terrible, much worse than the members of a political party. Terrible, they use it, they're very strong. And I do not want to be obliged to love them. I live my way, they live their way, to hell with it. But don't oblige me to love them»

-Orianna Fallaci
Playboy magazine
November 1981

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter