Monday, July 11, 2011

«I JUST READ EVERYTHING»

« What Andy brought me, as a present, was a Heinz ketchup carton made of plywood and painted tan and red. He seemed pleased with himself and I thought he had just made it. A bit later he asked me to return it to him so he could repaint it. He was going to produce a series of them and wanted them all to be the same colors. Liking the idea of the unique, I refused to let him change mine. Later I thought the sculptures would be useful as stools or tables, if Andy didn’t object, and, with his approval, I acquired several more in a trade with him. Some while ago, I gave the unique one to MoMA.»

-Jasper Johns
2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter