Monday, May 30, 2011

«I JUST READ EVERYTHING»

«All the talk that real beauty comes from within is a bunch of malarkey. It's ridiculous. There are genuinely beautiful people. I am coming out of the Hellenistic tradition, with conception of beauty like Plato. Beauty is something sacred, a temporary thatUs gone very fast. Very rarely do you see someone like Catherine Deneuve who is still beautiful. Over time you can only stay beautiful if you have something from within. People who are just physically beautiful on the outside will cease being beautiful by the time theyUre thirty or so, but nevertheless, I have adopted the gay male perspective on this: I believe that enormous beauty is a great gift and I honor it wherever I see it. I value youth and beauty, and I think that it is about time that the word-obsessed neurotics from academia start realizing that most of the world does too.All these stupid technical feminist film critics want to grind all of art down to things that have approved and moral messages. In fact, life is more complex than that. It cannot be reduced to political agendas. Life is bigger than politics»

-Camille Paglia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter