Wednesday, March 02, 2011

«I JUST READ EVERYTHING»

In film, the love triangle is pretty common, from John Hughes to Godard and Truffaut, but there's something different going on here. What is it?

XD : It's not a tribute to Jules and Jim. My movie isn't a love triangle; it's a love duel. There's a dead angle in the film. I have a strange relationship with influences because mine are mostly literary or painters or poets, who I'll even quote. I don't do tributes to cinema. Nico is an image: He's absolutely banal and uninteresting and uncharismatic, no depth. That was voluntary. We're obsessed with images of love and not with individuals most of the time. For me, he's like a painting, a sculpture. And when the characters are looking at him and they see images of Cocteau drawings or Michelangelo's David, what I want to say is that they're really infatuated with their perception of love and the idea of loving someone so attractive, but they know nothing about this guy.

-Xavier Dolan
Askmen.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter