Wednesday, August 11, 2010

«OH, ART IS TOO HARD»

Paul Rusconi: I think fashion is art. The dialogue I am concerned with as an artist has more to do with the art and artists that I've been influenced by. I can't help but be affected by all the art that I've seen. Some paintings and sculptures have had long lasting retinal impressions forever etched in my mind. Warhol's White Mona Lisa paintings, his 'Blue Jackie' series, Sol Le Witt's 'Variations of a Cube' from the 60's... Some references sneak in to my work unconsciously and others are much more direct. I photographed a white Sol Le Witt sculpture from 1967. I was interested in the multitude of whites the sculpture emanated from its lightest areas to its shadows and used many variations of those whites to make the background colors for a series of 'White Kates (Moss)'. I think it's interesting when people call the work 'vapid' and 'empty'. Knowing what is under the surface - both literally and figuratively, I'm comfortable and confident that my job as the author of this work is thought out and complete. I've also used the color of Britney's Spears nail polish and lipstick in the work - so, there you have it...

-The Huffington Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter