Sunday, April 18, 2010

«IT'S CALLED GOSSIP AND OF COURSE IT'S AN OBSESSION OF MINE»

Grace Jones recently gave a rare interview to The Guardian in which they asked her about Lady Gaga. Initially the infamous supermodel cum popstar cum artist cum icon of androgyny responded, “I really don’t think of her at all. I go about my business.” And then the claws came out. When asked more specifically if Jones felt Gaga had copied her, she answered, “Well, you know, I’ve seen some things she’s worn that I’ve worn, and that does kind of piss me off.” Fair enough. Jones certainly came first and has certainly spent many, many more years living as a walking, breathing, work of art.It then comes out that Gaga had asked Jones to do a collaboration — which Jones flatly refused. “I said no. I’d just prefer to work with someone who is more original and someone who is not copying me, actually.”Grace Jones made her name in the 70s, with Andy Warhol and the rest of his factory crowd. She inspired artists and became a muse to Helmut Newton, Jean-Paul Goude, and Warhol himself. Jones is now 61 and there is certainly something to be said for the authenticity that comes with almost 40 years of history. No doubt Gaga to Jones is a 23-year-old blip on the radar.

-styleite.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter