Sunday, November 01, 2009

«I BELIEVE MEDIA IS ART»

Over the summer, David Hockney has been lying in his bed in Bridlington, East Yorkshire's answer to Malibu, and trying to capture the sun rising over the bay on his iPhone. He uses an application called Brushes, and his thumb. When he's finished a drawing, he'll send it to 20 or so friends, straight off, by email. On good days each of his friends has been getting half a dozen original works by Britain's best-loved artist well before breakfast. Were they suitably appreciative, I wonder. "Well, I think so," says Hockney, whose accent seems even more lived-in since his return to his home county. "Someone said that if they see an email from me they know they don't have to answer it, it's a bit of pure pleasure and it's free. So that's all right, I suppose."

-The Guardian
Nov 1 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter