Sunday, March 23, 2008

BOB COLACELLO

«A few days after the Voice ran my rave review of Andy Warhol's Trash, an X-rated saga about hustlers, junkies, and transvestites, I received a call from its director, Paul Morrissey, who said that Andy loved the review and wanted me to write for their new magazine, Interview. I was ecstatic to think that the hippest artist of our time had even glanced at something I had written; my mother and father were considerably less enthusiastic about this turn of events, though they soon came around to the idea of my working for the Pope of Pop when I told them that Governor Nelson Rockefeller had stopped by the Factory to look at paintings one afternoon when I was handing in a review.»

-Bob Colacello
Former Interview magazine editor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter