Thursday, January 24, 2008

INTERVIEW MAGAZINE

NEW YORK, Jan. 23 2008 /PRNewswire/ -- Ingrid Sischy today announced her resignation as Editor-in-Chief of Interview Magazine. "I have had the honor of editing one of the most unique titles in magazine publishing and working with tremendously talented people in our industry. With Sandra Brant's decision to sell her interest in Brant Publications, it is only appropriate that I resign at this time. Sandy and I have worked together as a team, and that has been a huge part of the fun of it. While it is difficult to contemplate being away from this extraordinary experience, the time is right and Interview is firmly positioned for even greater success," Sischy commented.

Over Ms. Sischy's tenure she has built Interview into an internationally recognized title that covers the world of art, fashion, entertainment and pop culture. During her more than 18 year tenure as Editor-in-Chief the circulation of the magazine has grown significantly and has become a mainstay vehicle for marketers around the world who are interested in reaching a discerning, culturally aware audience.

"When I was first drafted as editor after Andy Warhol's death I thought I'd stay a few years, devote myself to helping the magazine find its post-Warhol life, and then get back to my writing. Although leaving the magazine and wonderful staff behind is difficult, it is the right decision and one that will allow the new owners to establish their own editorial stamp on the magazine. I am now more than ever, eager to get back to my writing and have several big projects in front of me that need my attention"

"Managing such an important part of Andy Warhol's legacy has been a huge responsibility and I am proud of what Sandy and my editorial team have accomplished in terms of content and growth. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope this great American magazine will continue to flourish," Sischy concluded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter