Saturday, April 28, 2007

ARTS IN THE 21ST CENTURY: THE AGE OF AMBIVALENT CYNICISM

«The Warhol I've absorbed, the Warhol who saved me is the ambivalent cynic, yes human beings are worthless and life is slavery but there is grace to be had in accepting that, loving what makes up our empty capitalistic souls, plus a little tiny bit of death. Of course not a day pass when I don't think: «Hey I'm a succesful artist, I should be having lunch with Hugh Jackman or Russell Crowe not suffocating in my studio». In a perfect Warholian world however I would still just be in my studio working and the stars would come a-calling».


-Kara Walker
Artforum
October 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Green Bags
Free Web Page Counters
Green Bags

raptiva

free counter
free counter